12/18/12

These Are Not The Hard Things

There are some things in life that are hard. Hard to deal with, hard to understand, hard to manage. Most of what we say is hard is not. Really. Hard at all. I hear it though; that relationships are hard, that getting your kids to do homework is hard, that getting up and going to work is hard, going back to school, what to make for dinner, driving in the rain. These things are not hard. These things are called blessings.

Lest you think this is a preaching post, it is not. It is a call for accountability. I am guilty of some of the above and more. I want to move forward from this very easy to fall into negative way of thinking and I am asking for your support. Let's work together to find the beauty in all of the little things in life that we are so lucky to deal with. I am so grateful that I have two beautiful little girls who absolutely adore me. I have a husband who is funny and sweet and present (and hot). I have friends who will help me out at a moments notice. I have a mom and a stepdad who have been so ridunkulously supportive and generous over the years. I have nieces and nephews and cousins and brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles who call me and text me and visit me all the time (more visits please). I have a home, a car, a warm bed and grocery money.

So. If you hear me start to bitch about any of this stuff, just slap me. Okay, so please don't slap me. You can tell me to lighten up or just give me a look or tell me you don't want to hear it. I will do the same for you, except the slapping part-unless you don't stop and then I just might slap you. No, I won't.

From the weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment on a post. I hope you are enjoying your visit here. Leave a link to your blog if you have one and I will be sure to come and see what you are up to.

Have a great day and keep it fun!!!