8/29/11

Our First Date

I said we would go somewhere and we went somewhere.  Niko Niko. 

We traveled with the cool kids on the block--how cute are they--ridin' hard through the city in their Sporty Spice dresses!?--and hit one of our favorite sushi joints in the city. Very fresh fish, the perfect size cuts.  An excellent combination of traditional sushi with a lot of interesting specialty rolls.  Very sweet waitresses. No trendy, cranky attitudes from anyone, even the sushi guys at the bar are always happy to see us and have a friendly smile and don't get annoyed when I ask them to substitute cucumber for the avocado in one of their most delicious rolls (see below).
The Albacore Tempura Roll!

It is a spicy tuna roll with cucumber (instead of avocado), topped with albacore tempura and then some creamy sauce I don't even know what. The perfect combination of tender and crispy and sweet and salty.  
Our youngest is a freak for salmon sushi.  
Not so much for the chopsticks, but she keeps trying.
Ok, so she gave up, how long can you expect a 5 year old to wait for her fist bite of something so yummy?
Not long I tell you.  There's that roll again.......by the way that was the first one.  We ordered a second.  BOGO half off.  Seriously.

Happy Monday.  I'm hungry.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment on a post. I hope you are enjoying your visit here. Leave a link to your blog if you have one and I will be sure to come and see what you are up to.

Have a great day and keep it fun!!!