9/22/11

It's About How You Feel

A couple of weekends ago we had what we called a "quiet weekend".  However, we did not stay home the whole time--no can do with two energetic little girls--so we went to a little place not too far from us called Greystone Mansion, (did you guess right?) just on the border of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.  It is always so quiet there and tons of parking (and free--which is unheard of) and you can roam the grounds and run down hills and take a picnic (remember a towel or blanket because the picnic area is way dirty--did you hear that Greystone?!) and look at turtles and really beautiful and unusual flowers and plants and peek into windows at huge beautiful garish rooms that make you fantasize about what it would be like to be young and hugely rich in another era that seems so much more glamorous and romantic than ours.  Wow, big sentence.  I highly recommend you check it out if you live in LA and if you don't live in LA and you are visiting, skip The Grove and go here instead.  Seriously, you can get a better view of Mario Lopez on TV.  I promise you will love it.

Look here.
(don't ask what's on that cracker!)
Perfectly imperfect.  
I always manage a shot of a rose past it's prime every time I am out and about.
Lots of things to see.
These two, getting into the spirit of things with their make-do flapper headgear.
And the best part of the day, spending it with my three most favorite people in the whole wide world.

You know, thinking about it now, it took me awhile to edit these pics down because I love every one of them and it was hard to choose.  Not because they are the most perfectly executed photographs, with perfect lighting and white balance and wardrobe and subject etc.   I love them because it gets to the heart of who these three are and why they make me so happy and spending time with them is the best gift on earth.  And I just feel so...tender hearted when I look at them.

That's it.

Have a beautiful day.

Oh, if you want to see some more of these pics that I loved go to my new Flickr account.......here.....http://www.flickr.com/photos/7231080@N07/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment on a post. I hope you are enjoying your visit here. Leave a link to your blog if you have one and I will be sure to come and see what you are up to.

Have a great day and keep it fun!!!